Monday, December 28, 2009

Haute - Designer Fabrics & Trims at Incredible Prices

The Washington Post ran a Sales Talk piece about Haute** back in Feb '09. Not sure why it took me until November to get there to check it out - especially since designer fabrics that sell for $100++ a yard can be found at incredible prices. My friend Anne walked away with a gorgeous Victoria Hagan linen for just $20 a yard! In the above picture I'm checking out trim that's $2 a yard. (**as of this post, the website still lists the old Middleburg address. The new address is 8393 West Main St., Marshall, VA 20115, 540.364.1221)
The trim collection at Haute is truly unbelievable. The wide Greek Key trim is $10 a yard, the narrow $7 a yard. The quality is extremely high. I purchased the wide yellow/grey and the narrow blue/grey.

Haute is housed in a house on Main Street with each room dedicated to different types and colors of fabric. Need a neutral?
Here's a small peek at the extensive collection of toile from top name firms. I didn't recognize all the brand names but noticed that many of the fabrics were printed in England.
Here's a pretty Brunschwig & Fils print.
I purchased this Greek Key cut velvet for $20 a yard. Love it!
This braided trim was only $9 a yard and I've sewn it onto the dark brown curtains in my office. My office redecoration is almost finished - hoping to do a post on that soon.

Haute is located in Marshall, VA, just off exit #28 on 66 West. It would be a great trip to combine a visit to Haute with Matthews House and Garden in Upperville, VA and then to the shops in Middleburg. Just keep in mind Haute's website still has the old Middleburg address and the site only showcases a small fraction of the selection.

(This is my personal recommendation and I do not receive any form of compensation for this endorsement - I'm just a fabric nut!)

22 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

the greek key rope (welt w/ lip) is to die for.
really.

happy new year xxx

Unknown said...

I'm a fabric lover myself. I find it so interesting that even though fabrics are meant for interiors I see them in fancy outfits as well.

Beautiful snaps!

Riviera Boardwalk said...

This is great to find because some the fabrics can be hard to find. I was helping a friend re-decorate her home recently and we found this beautiful fabric by Liz Claiborne called Breda Nectar and it looks like apricot velvet that changes color depending on how the sunlight hits it. We went through a heck of a time getting it and finally had to order directly from the maufacturer instead of through a fabric store. Love your post.nancy

Karena said...

I would be in heaven! I could use some trim for my den drapes.Thank you for sharing with us!

Jenny at LGN said...

I can't WAIT to get out to this store! Thanks for the hot tip!

Jaime Rogers said...

Wow, what an amazing find! I will definitely need to make a point of stopping by next time I am in that part of the country...too bad their website does not do them any justice:( Thanks!

Happy holidays,
Jaime

Leah Moss said...

Thanks for posting this! I remember seeing this in the post too, but I had completely forgotten about it.
I am planning a trip to Matthew's on Wednesday and might try to do both, thanks for the suggestion!

I can't wait to see what you do with your trim, it's beautiful!

AnneHH said...

I get weak in the knees when I think about Haute. It is incredible. But could all of you please keep it a secret. Shhhhh.........

Matters of Style said...

Great to know about!! I have been looking for a place like that. Can't wait to check it out!

Linda Merrill said...

I'm very jealous not to live near that store! I'd be even broker than I am now however since I'd always be buying there!

Aesthetic Oiseau said...

On my to-go list!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Love the cut velvet Greek Key fabric. I'm actually looking at some in a deep red for some custom drapes. I've not found the fabric anywhere here---so I was considering going ahead and having them done. But if I bought the fabric at that price and did them myself----I might be able to buy a plane ticket!! DId they have other colors??

THANKS Mary

Scott Fazzini said...

Michelle -Thanks so much for the tip! I can't wait to check it out. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your office reno!!

Unknown said...

Those fabrics are sooooo cute. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

-Mari

My Notting Hill said...

Mary - Hi. Re: the cut velvet in red. I didn't notice any but I wasn't looking in the red room - I would give them a call because they could have something you'd like. They definitely had red/cream greek key trim.

Leah - I think you could definitely do both. There's a country road that connects the two locations - think it was Zuelah or something like that?? Ask the ladies at Haute and they'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Petmum said...

Wow. Nothing this wonderful near me. Would you shop for me? Seriously, I would pay you!?

Abby said...

I think I just fell in love with that Greek Key cut velvet.

Hill Country House Girl said...

What a great source. Don't you LOVE finding places like this? I love fabric, too, and it is probably a good thing I can't shop here - way too tempting! Hope you have a happy and healthy new year, Michele!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

We haven't been introduced in blog land but found you via PVE. Would you mind if I used a photo of yours (wreath with ribbons) for a post this week. Would like to remind readers to save their gift ribbons for this idea next year. All links to your blog of course. No need to publish this comment as I couldn't find your email. Nice to meet you though and I enjoy your blog.

Things That Inspire said...

A few years ago, when I was trying to do a DIY curtain project, I could not find any good trim anywhere (that was not to the trade). All that I could find was frilly and overdone frou frou! Glad to see that the trim industry has come to its senses!

I just posted my favorites from 2009, and several of your posts are on my list! Best wishes for a wonderful 2010.

Annie, bossy color said...

I discovered Haute recently, too, Michele! And I ALSO don't know why it took me so long! The trick is to not be looking for anything specific. If you're in browsing mode, you're sure to find something!

Anonymous said...

Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?
designer fabrics

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails