Tuesday, February 28, 2012

John Matthew Moore's DC Design House Plans: Washingtonian Open House Blog

While on vacation, my post for Washingtonian's Open House Blog ran. To get a sneak peek of Matthew Moore's gorgeous plans for the home’s foyer, reception hall, and sweeping staircase with two upper landings go here. He shared lots of details, including paint colors and fabric sources. (illustrations by Matthew Moore)Our vacation to St John USVI was really wonderful. As always, it's hard adjusting back on the first day. Back later in the week with more posts.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Welcome home - great to see you branching out beyond your blog.

Karena said...

Michele I love these illustrations; fabulous!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Happy that you had a nice vacation, Michele. I love the drawings. I love the last image especially with the contrast between black and the blue and white porcelain.
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Ann said...

I know what you mean by a hard time adjusting upon returning from a vacation- I've been freezing! I didn't realize how quickly one could adjust to 82 sunny degrees.

I wish I could draw and sketch like that. Such a talent, not to mention the design aspect!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a nice break. This looks like it will be an amazing space. Love the blue and white and the gold.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

These illustrations are gorgeous, it will be fun to see this home be transformed. Janell

Unknown said...

Welcome home. Love St John....I can almost feel that warm breeze! Did you happen to visit the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke? You literally have to swim to shore!

xo Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails