Friday, March 9, 2012

DC Designer In Traditional Home

DC designer Whitney Stewart's work will be featured in the upcoming issue of Traditional Home magazine. Here's a sneak peek that was forwarded to me, more images to appear in the published issue. This is one of the best kitchens I've seen this year - absolutely love how the freestanding hutch was incorporated into the visual field of the kitchen and what seems to be glass backed cabinets that let light stream through. Photography by Francesco Langese.
Here are a few of my favorite images from Whitney's web site here.

Looks like a Calder painting to me.
This sink and faucet combination is perfection!
Hope you have a great weekend!

If you're interested in checking out my recent post on Brass is Back for Washingtonian magazine go here.

11 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Michele, I love the painting in the living room, and the kitchen is amazing. Love the blue and white basin.
I don't subscribe to Traditional Home so it is nice to see this.
Have a nice weekend.
Teresa
xoxo

Unknown said...

Sink and Faucet!....very nice....smiles

Unknown said...

I absolutely love that vessel sink and faucet. Just gorgeous. Great kitchen too.

H.G. The Countess said...

That really is a great kitchen!

Anonymous said...

That bowl and faucet combination was inspired. Love it!

Angie
http://oliveandwhite.blogspot.com/

Dovecote Decor said...

Congratulations on your submission. It truly is beautiful. I gave it a shot, but didn't make it. Come by and visit Hutton Wilkinson's fab new house in L.A. I'm obsessed!
Best,
Liz

Unknown said...

i will make an exception to my no vessel sinks rule for that porcelain bowl sink. lovely.

therelishedroost said...

I LOVE that Sink!!! I totally agree with Brass is back, I did a blog in December on silver and gold and I am glad to see the resurgence of antique brass again. You wrote a great article, keep them coming!!

SHERRY HART said...

Michelle, I love that kitchen. And you are right, that piece of furniture in the back makes it so warm. Sometimes Trad Home doesn't do it for me...but then they will be "all that" and I am hooked again!

Notes From ABroad said...

I am saving the photo of the blue and white bowl/sink for my file of What I Want In My Future Home :)
Thanks !

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Super pretty. Off to check out Brass is Back...I am with you on THAT.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails