Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Annual Christmas - Decorating Book Breakfast!


Don't you love Christmas traditions with friends?  Every year my friend hosts a wonderful Christmas breakfast with delicious food in a festive setting with great conversation.  What else could you ask for?  Well, there's one more fun bit.  We bring decorating books to exchange!  This year I came home with Suzanne Kasler's latest :)


Love the table setting full of gorgeous ornaments, mercury glass and beautiful place settings.


My friend is also talented at decorating outdoors as well.  Love this swag tied to the lamp post.


These fun trees in zinc planters are lined up along her front porch.


A pinecone wreath and evergreen and magnolia "tree" at the door. The added burlap wrap makes it even more special.


Can't wait for next year's Christmas-Decorating book breakfast! 

12 comments:

Katherine said...

I love the idea of a girls breakfast with books on the menu. I may be late for this Christmas, but think I'll organize something for after the holidays when it all settles down.

Ashley said...

What a fun tradition--such a great way to get together and share a love for decor!

Happy holidays to you, Michele!

pam {simple details} said...

I love our traditions with friends! The design books are a fabulous idea, I wish more of my friends shared my obsession! :)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh that is fun! love the swag outdoors too -such a good idea.

Pigtown*Design said...

Are you at my brother's house? That looks EXACTLY like their front door and porch!

Karena said...

Michele, I love the idea of a design book exchange! The holiday table looks so festive!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

therelishedroost said...

That is a fabulous idea, so many books and so much to share!! Looks like a lovely event!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

thats such a good idea! and what beautiful taste your friend has!!

An Urban Cottage said...

The food looks pretty good too!

A Perfect Gray said...

love the book exchange idea. it would be my fave thing at the holidays! donna

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

What a great idea. I agree with Pam, sadly my local friends don't obsess over home decor. Love the holiday decorations.

designchic said...

What a fun tradition with my favorite present to receive. Love all of the festive decorating at your friend's house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails